My Blog List

Monday 15 January 2018

First game of L'Art de la Guerre


I had an opportunity to play L'Art de la Guerre in 25mm at the club tonight so was happy to give them a go.  I had been told that they are very much a derivative set and so it proved - nothing new and exciting in them but potentially a solid game that might prove worthy of further play.

The game was 3 v 3 and moved a little slowly.  I held the centre of the Cartheginian line with my veteran Africans and Gallic support. The approaching Seleucid phalanx had slightly better combat values so the idea was to let them move between the two bits of terrain with them hopefully exposing their flanks to a double envelopment.  Howver as the night wore on it became clear that if I wanted to throw any dice I would also have to advance.  The resulting clash was indecisive if marginally against me and the overall game was declared a draw.

I would play again and I could provide 25mm armies to do so.  The issue is lack of availability of the rules.at the moment as they are currently out of print whilst remaining much sought after



Games 3
Rules played 3 New 2
Places played 2 New 0








3 comments:

  1. Pretty good start to your gaming year Dave.

    Imagine you advancing too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just play DBMM2.. I would travel for a game ;-) cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never played DBMM but would happily give you a game. Only 2 things I like to pay 25mm and where possible historic opponents and 25mm. I could provide 2 armies if you wouldn't mind providing the rules and a bit of coaching as we go.

    ReplyDelete