My Blog List

Friday 29 December 2017

How went 2017??


2017 was an excellent year for gaming.  110 games are the most yet since I got married (back in 1982) and probably more than I ever managed when I was single. A highlight was taking part in 3 Iron Man competitions where all armies are provided and all opponents are historical. Thanks to Whitley Bay 3D gamers, Darley Dale WRG and Glasgow and District Wargames Society for hosting.  All excellent games.

Many grat games were played under the auspices of Falkirk and District Wargames Club – too many to mention individually I am afraid.  Our Carronade show was an outstanding success again.

I set myself a painting target of 100 and managed…..4….. However this only includes those started as bare metal.  I have a substantial stash of pre-loved figures and including those that I got into full table ready condition the total rises to 269 so that is not so bad

Thoughts on 2018 to follow in a couple of days.

List of games played:

Saga
19
Dragon Rampant
9
Wings of War
8
DBA 3.0
7
Hordes of the Things
6
Wargaming 19th Century Europe 1815 - 1878
5
Ludus Gladitorious
4
East Neuk Irregulars 20th Century
4
In Her Majesty's Name
4
Mordhiem
4
Field of Battle
3
Chain of Command
3
Coastal Patrol
3
Check your 6 Jet Age
3
Pulse of Battle
2
Check Your 6!
2
Jump or Burn
2
Broken Legions
2
Malifaux
2
Lord of the Rings
2
Lion Rampant
1
WRG 6th
1
Chain Reaction
1
Pikeman's Lament
1
The Kingdom is Ours
1
Hell Broke Loose
1
Band of Brothers
1
General d'Armee
1
General de Brigade
1
The Men Who Would be Kings
1
Picketts Charge
1
Bolt Action
1
Fury
1
Rogue Stars
1
Full Thrust
1
Battle Havoc
1

4 comments:

  1. Impressive, think that this about 100 more than I managed!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to beat your record, hopefully more in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an impressive number of games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is what I like best about wargaming

    ReplyDelete